Top Ten Animes and Mangas with Dragon Ball References
The Top Ten
1. Kagura teleports onto Shinpachi's head, resembling how Goku did the same in his fight against Nappa. Additionally, Kagura comments "Too slow, Nappa". Gintoki is then seen as Yamcha, mimicking Vegeta's line "He's fast".
2. Gintoki comedically practices a Kamehameha, to no avail as his friends look at him with a loss of respect for him.
3. The main cast participates in an amalgamated show of Dragon Ball, One Piece and Bleach, called DragonBleaPiece.
4. Gin Tama also parodies the opening of Dragon Ball Z Kai, " Dragon Soul ", replacing the cast with their own main characters.
5. King Piccolo can be seen being sucked in by a black hole in Chapter 338 of Gin Tama.
6. Kagura reads out the Frieza vs Son Goku battle from the Dragon Ball manga to a bedridden Gintoki.
7. A cat-like alien appears collecting cats' golden balls believing in the legend of the summoning of a wish-granting dragon when all the balls gather. - Undistinguished
1. In the episode 49 of the anime Beelzebub (which is a parody of Journey to the West), Takayuki Furuichi wears the Son Goku's band and he pictures himself with a wig of Super Saiyan Goku.
2. Teimo's Shadow Force, who are four bald fighters, are described by the lead character Tatsumi Oga as the "Four Krillin Brothers".
3. When Oga and the Shadow Force are commanded to seek stones to train, Oga tells them that they could be throwing the stones to a jungle to look for them like Master Roshi did with Goku and Krillin (also that scenes appeared in the background).
4. After Oga and Baby Beel finished the training with Zenjuuro Saotome, he tries to give them a shirt which looks like the Turtle School uniform with the Zen symbol (like ZENjuuro) instead the Kame symbol on it.
5. In several cover arts of the manga, Oga, Furuichi and Baby Beel are shown doing the Kamehameha pose.
6. In the New Year Special (Chapter 138.5), it is revealed that Oga respected a ...more - Undistinguished
1. Super Saiyan Goku appears in a montage of people described to have good fortune with his eyes censored out and an alternate color uniform. A similar picture of Vegeta is likewise seen in a montage of those said to have negative energy.
2. The poverty god Momiji and her familiar are seen dressed as Goku and King Kai with a backdrop of the latter's home planet behind them.
3. The characters are seen cosplaying as Vegeta and Nappa.
4. When the Dog God Momo'o transforms into his canine form, his hair turns golden and his body is engulfed in a bright aura like that of a Super Saiyan. Bobby and Momiji look on while dressed as Krillin and Master Roshi.
5. When Bobby is shown being blasted away by a wave of energy, he shouts Vegeta's name, the scene's animation parodying Nappa's demise. - Undistinguished
1. The character Akito Takagi's favorite manga was Dragon Ball.
2. The main characters Moritaka and Takagi does the Fusion Dance pose.
3. Eiji Niizuma draws a Super Saiyan Goku's eye along several other Shonen Jump heroes, when explaining that Moritaka has eyes like a manga hero.
4. The sillouette of one of the 5 heroes who appear in the background when Ashirogi Muto (Takagi and Mashiro's pen name) are thinking about creating their battle manga Reversi, includes Super Saiyan Goku. - Undistinguished
In the second episode of Highschool DxD season 1, the main protagonist Issei Hyoudou meets a person who he goes to make a pact with, but a series of things were said and occurred that's referenced dragon ball:
1. The human Issei meets talks about Drago M-Ball and shows the entire manga set that looks very similar to the dragon ball mangas.
2. Issei yells out "dragon wave! " to show his powers to the human, and he later says in that scene how the main character uses the dragon wave to beat his opponents (a reference to either the kamehameha or the dragon fist). In the Dub, Issei yells out "Kamehameho! " instead of dragon wave.
3. The human talks about how he and his friends traveled across the earth to gather energy for the ultimate spirit ball (a reference to the spirit bomb).
4. Issei also brings up how he played hide and seek with his friends and finds each other by sensing life energy (same way how the Z-fighters sense their opponent's Ki).
5. ...more - Undistinguished
1. In the first episode of Blood Lad, Staz can be seen with a Goku chain hanging from his cellphone.
2. He can also be seen later in the episode reading a manga titled Dra-gun Boll.
3. In episode 6 Staz can be seen preparing use the Kamehameha, only to be stopped from charging it up fully. - Undistinguished
1. Saru asks the protagonist Nagasumi whether or not he used the Dragon Balls to wish beautiful girls into his life while an image of Shenron and the seven orbs appears on the screen as he was speaking.
2. When the school's students split into two factions warring over who the school idol should be, Saru appears dressed as an elderly bearded man named Chimp-Roshi, a clear reference to Master Roshi.
3. While the cast is visiting Kyoto on a school trip, Goku is seen standing in a group of people, facing away from the screen so that his face is hidden.Also, in episode 16, younger versions of Vegeta and Trunks can be seen in the background as students sitting in a classroom. - Undistinguished
1. Crayon Shin-Chan protagonist Shin-Chan uses Frieza's mask and acts like Frieza.
2. In volume 10, Misae is calling for Shin-Chan while he is watching a parody of Dragon Ball Z, Shinnosuke is disobedient and doesn't answer and Misae ends up attacking him with a Kame-hame-ha -like energy attack.
3. In Crayon Shin-chan anime SPECIAL 16-1 Kazama of the future travels back in time to inform the characters of the imminent arrival of a dangerous cyborg. This story is a parody of the one seen in the Dragon Ball Z series and in-depth special The History of Trunks, where Trunks of the future travels back in time to inform the characters of the imminent arrival of dangerous cyborg C-17 and C-18. - Undistinguished
1. In the manga series To Love-Ru, the main female Lala makes a reference to Dragon Ball when she shows the protagonist Rito that she has a tail, which freaks him out. She tells him that he does not have to worry and says that she does not transform when she looks at the full moon.
2. Another time, she is shown trying several odd outfits to look for a normal one, two of the odd outfits she was seen in were Goku's uniform and the Bunny costume Bulma wore.
3. Additionally, it is revealed that when her tail is pulled, she is weakened, much like Goku. - Undistinguished
1. Various fusions between the main character and other members of his team are common.
2. The character Don Patch can become Professional Patch (Don "Ikarin" Patch in Japanese), turning gold and gaining an upward curve to his body spikes, similar to a the Super Saiyan transformation. - Undistinguished