Top 10 Most Annoying Pokemon Moves

Don't you hate it when your opponent uses a move that you always hate. Well, so do I. Today, I'll be listing the most annoying moves in Pokemon. Enjoy!

The Top Ten

1 Confuse Ray

This move drives me up the wall

We're looking at you Golbats! - SmashBall

When computer uses this move against you, you will always hit yourself 2-3 times and die before retaliate.
but when you use this move against computer, computer rarely hits itself and snaps out of confusion just after 1 turn!

Gawwd I hate this move that's why I always carry a lum berry
at least Swagger your attack raises right?

V 5 Comments
2 Attract

Annoying move. Except when I use my Audino team. - Crabmccrab

Kissy kissy attraction! A girl attract a boy! GROSS

I am so sick of Attract.

At least you can cure confusion. “No curing ‘love’!

And personally I feel like I have more luck breaking through confusion (like 70% chance to break through), while it’s like 30% for breaking through love. And f whinny’s Miltank (what I call game Whitney because she’s a whinny b***h that doesn’t deserve to be a gym leader).

V 1 Comment
3 Protect

I hate people who spam this move

I hate this move so much! - ItsDaWorldOfSNuGGLEZ

The reason I hate Pelipper.

Umbreon annoying tactic:
Toxic and spam protect

Umbreon have high defense so if protect fails, it should be still able to tank an attack - pikachu_boy123lol

4 Double Team

Use Double Team ONE MORE TIME! I dare you! - SmashBall

I live with this annoying move but, this move is the best attack in video games called - double team from pokemon (easily, because he raises your evasion) - mewtwo1

Good luck actually hitting a CPU spamming this if you don't have a move that never misses, let alone a move strong enough to pierce their defences. Leech Seed + Toxic + Double Team + Leftovers/Recover = RAGE.

Celebi: DT baton Pass recover
Porygon2 toxic recover protect eviolite
Ouch that gotta hurt!

V 3 Comments
5 Destiny Bond

The only situation having a zubat helps - Crabmccrab

Once again, screwed over by Wobboffet, and the worst part, you can't even escape, with his stupid ability. - SmashBall

The death of my blaziken. R.I.P - Sambazing


6 Swagger
7 Stockpile
8 Sand-Attack

Why? Sand attack is just weak and you should not care much about it and you will never use sand attack for fighting the elite fours! - pikachu_boy123lol

This move ruined Pokemon for me.

Why... Snadshrew why you do this to me... - Crabmccrab


9 Rest

REST IS JUST SO ANNOYING. Its not helpful really, but just annoying.

This move is my personality

Who else remembers Juan's Kingdra? If you don't know, Juan is the final Gym Leader in Pokemon Emerald, his special Pokemon is Kingdra. The moves are Double Team, Water Pulse, Dragonbreath (I think) and Rest. When it's in low HP, he can just use Rest. My god, it's annoying. - SmashBall

That's the most unfair move I've ever seen. >:(

10 Counter

Who else gets screwed over, by Wobbuffet and his Counter? - SmashBall

The Contenders

11 Earthquake

Just carry a pokemon with levitate (ability) or magnet rise (move), flying types are not recommended because pokemon with earthquake usually have rock types moves - pikachu_boy123lol

It's pretty much the most overused move online. - SmashBall

12 Toxic

When you're poisoned, every couple steps, your poisoned Pokemon loses HP, until it faints. This is ESPECIALLY annoying when you're doing Nuzlockes. - SmashBall

13 Spore

The move's accuracy is 100. So, you're almost guaranteed to go to sleep - SmashBall

14 Pursuit

Low level to firat party(with exp share this way can get more xp too) and changes. Pursuit. And fainted.

I hate this move when I am using Shedninja, it kills Shedninja before I switch it out, and also stealth rock and spicks, it is great for contering shedninja. If my oponnent used spicks or stealth eock and charging moves the next turn (fly, solar beam), I use shedninja to absorb the charging move. - pikachu_boy123lol

15 Fury Swipes

This is what dugtrio for me

16 Recover

Recover Spam. 'enough said.

Healing moves are so annoying! - Martinglez

17 Dark Void

I get that the move is cool and can be pretty useful and everything...but if it's the ONLY MOVE that your opponent uses on you throughout the battle it's infuriating. I just can't have a fun battle against a Darkrai anymore.

Literally put you to sleep and with darkrai ability, you are like screwed

And I thought I could beat that guy with darkrai... - Crabmccrab

18 Explosion

At least the user faints :/ - Epicsauce45

A wild pokemon appears you use false swipe until it is at 1 hp. IT USED EXPLOSION, YOU FAINT AND YOU CAN'T CATCH IT.


19 Hypnosis
20 Curse

Half HP lost, and then 25% on your self damaged!

21 Splash

Splash do not deal damage, how can splash take out your rayquaza and deoxys in oras? - pikachu_boy123lol

This just wastes your time

It took out my rayquaza and deoxys in oras - Sambazing

22 Rollout

Remember Whitney's Miltank? Oh my god... - ItsDaWorldOfSNuGGLEZ

Coundt beat a pokemon in one attack without this in brick bronze roblox - Xomanxy

23 Wrap

Even more annoying & add some paralysis move on your Pokemon, & watch the bs ensue. For those who don’t know about gen 1 (& 2? ) wrap is that it was a continuous attack THAT wouldn't LET THE OTHER SIDE ATTACK! So they can slowly kill you without your Pokemon being able to move if they go first! Thank you gamefreak for changing that!

24 Fake Out

I HATE THIS - legendary

25 Mirror Coat

me too

Charizard used fire blast!
Glaceon held on onto its focus sash!
Glaceon used mirror coat!
Charizard fainted!

This is what happend to me in brick bronze :( - pikachu_boy123lol

26 Thunder Wave

Any move that can paralyze you is annoying.

How was this not added before? - DarkShadows

27 Teleport
28 Poison Sting
29 Sticky Web

You will like never be able to put speed

30 Dragon Rage

Wheres tge fuge subsitituetez

31 Sheer Cold

All 1hit KO moves suck but sheer cold is the worst because you just can not be immune to it like all the other I hit KO moves. It sucks so much when the 1 hit KO move actually hits especially in a nuzlocke

32 Refresh
33 Stealth Rock
34 Wish
35 Growl

Wild Pokemon and Trainer spam this move. And it's annoying.

36 Sleep Powder
37 Soft-boiled

Because Chansey and Blissey love to spam this move it's even more annoying then rest or roost.

38 Tackle

Tackle. The most annoying move ever. Every Pokémon can learn it basically, including magikarp(which is in fact boss) - Crabmccrab

39 Tri Attack

You can become froze confused or burnt fun for all

40 Yawn

Here's looking at you, Snorlax.
This is why I always carry an Awakening.

41 Trap Room
42 Supersonic
43 Minimize

Seems much worse than double team

44 Fire Spin

Like wrap in gen 1 it was very annoying & bs

45 Roost

When you see a bird and you won’t be able to kill him in one hitt, triggered!

BAdd New Item

Related Lists

Top Ten Most Annoying Super Smash Bros. Moves Top 10 Most Dangerous Moves to Approach In a Pokemon Nuzlocke Top Ten Most Useful Pokemon Moves Top 10 Best Pokemon Moves Best Non-Damaging Pokemon Moves

List Stats

100 votes
45 listings
2 years, 274 days old

Top Remixes

1. Dark Void
2. Sand-Attack
3. Fury Swipes
1. Protect
2. Attract
3. Confuse Ray
1. Confuse Ray
2. Earthquake
3. Double Team


Error Reporting

See a factual error in these listings? Report it here.