The UnfavouriteTwilightKitsune Whatsup guys, this is Twitfacekitsoone here. Today I will be discussing a very important topic here. The Unfavourite.
The eyes of boys, girls and North Koreans widen at hearing this word. The Unfavourite? What is the unfavourite? Is it tasty? Will Kim Jong Un approve of it?
Well, your quest for answers end here. Because Twitface is here to solve your problems.
The unfavourite is the child of parents that is less favoured. His/her sibling is more loved. This does not mean the parents are abusive to the unfavourite, they may like him/her, they just like the other sibling more. But, yes, there are SOME parents who are abusive to the unfavourite, like the parents of yours truly.
The unfavourite often does not know that he or she is less favoured. But the ones who do are often unhappy about their situation and resent their parents and siblings for it. This could result in sibling rivalry. Or The Unfavourite could think, ‘Hey, if they don’t like me, fine, IDGAF what they think’.
The child who is favoured, The Favourite, loves rubbing it in the face of The Unfavourite. The Favourite is often a spoiled brat and takes advantage of their situation. This could also be reversed, for example, The Favourite may feel unfair that The Unfavourite gets the short end of the stick and calls out the parent for their behavior.
To this day, I don’t get why parents prioritize one sibling over another. I mean, if you’re not willing to give an equal amount of love to both children, don’t have children at all. The world doesn’t need more unloved children.
There may be several reasons why parents favour siblings. It may because…..
1. They relate to the sibling more. One sibling may be loud and annoying, while the other may be quiet and reserved. The parent love the loud and annoying sibling more because they are also loud and annoying, and think the quiet sibling has socialization issues and is an introvert and needs help
2. Birth order. The parents may love the older sibling more because they’re growing, they’ll be getting most of the inheritance, they’ll be the first to leave the house, they have more responsibility, etc. On the contrary, they may love the younger sibling more because they get to spend more time with him/her, they need more attention, they’re more energetic, they’re less mature, they need to be looked after, they are believed to be weak. The parents even view the elder sibling as a surrogate parent or a babysitter for the younger one(s). In my opinion, this is disgusting. Older siblings are kids too, they need to enjoy their childhoods, not look after YOUR kids. They aren’t under any obligation to look after their siblings. Period.
3. One sibling is more smart, talented, good-looking, etc. The parents view this child as a trophy and often chide the other siblings, with stuff like ‘Aww, *sibling’s name*, why can’t you be more like your other sibling?’. This makes the other sibling suffer from self esteem issuez. An example is from Avatar: The Last Airbender where Ozai favoured Azula over Zuko because she was a better at firebending. I mean, whatthefudge Ozai? You overlook all the bad things Azula did to Zuko just because she’s better at firebending? You *ss.
4. The parents regularly scold and abuse their kids. One child openly accepts it and says nothing but the other defends them. The parents favour the first child because he/she never talks back, while the other one is labeled as a ‘rebel’ or ‘juvenile delinquent’.
5. The parents are narcissists. For those who don’t know, a narcissist is someone who has too much interest in themself and their appearance in front of others. Traits of a narcissistic parents are..
- They are never wrong about anything. Everything they do is deniable
- They won’t even genuinely apologize for anything
- Critism and slander is slyly disguised as concern
- She favours some of her children and triangulates
- She violates your boundaries
- Defensive and extremely sensitive to criticism
- Self absorbed and her needs and wants are very important
- They have to be at the center of attention at all times
Some more but that’s all for now. I’ll paste links about narcissm below
6. If anyone else has theories, comment em below
SIGNS OF BEING THE UNFAVOURITE
Might you be an unwilling member of the rejection squad? Have you ever felt sometimes that your brother/sister gets more love than you? These are some signs of being The Unfavourite:
1. How often do your parents say, ‘Hey, Twitface Kitface, why can’t you be more like your adorable sweet kindhearted Nazi brother?’? This is the easiest way to spot The Unfavourite. The parents constantly compare the two siblings and make out which one is better, while degrading the other and encouraging them to be more like them. Sorry mom, I can’t be like my brother because I’m against domestic abuse, or verbal abuse, or physical abuse, or any kinda abuse. I can’t be like my brother because I don’t like going out and socializing, I’m more of an introvert. I’m not like my brother because I am me. I am myself. And you will never understand it.
2. When your parents introduce you to friends or family, which child do they introduce first, and how? Because if they introduce them like, ‘Hey, this is Dottie, and this…is Dottie’s sister,’ then there are some serious issues around the family. Also note the way their tone changes when introducing them and their body language. That can give away a lot.
3. How often do they ask for your opinions compared to your siblings? Here’s an example, say a family is deciding on repainting their house. The mom wants to paint it red, the dad wants to paint it yellow, but their son wants to paint it blue. What colour does the daughter want it to be? Oh wait, nobody knows, because she was never asked. Even if she was asked, her opinion is shoved aside as if it was not important.
4. How do the siblings spend their day? If one spends their day watching TV and the other spends it at summer school (forced by their parents) then that’s a blatantly obvious sign that CPS needs to intervene
5. Who’s side do they take during arguments? What excuses do they give for siding with the child? Because if the excuse is ‘It’s because they’re younger/older’ then they need to go f themselves. Siding with someone based on their age is stupid. Imagine it like this: Someone kills another person, but the person they killed is older than them. The murderer is let off the hook because he’s younger. That’s basically what a lot of parents do, including mine.
6. How do they react when their kids throw tantrums and fight with each other? Do they tell them to grow the hell up or do they try to bribe them with sweets and toys? Who’s side of the story do they listen to first? So many more questions….
The Unfavourite also leads to something else: Domestic abuse by siblings. The main problem with domestic abuse by siblings is that people don’t recognize its domestic abuse by siblings. Most people think it is ‘sibling rivalry’.
Basically, according to cultural norm, siblings are supposed to love each other unconditionally. If they fight, it’s ‘cute’ and ‘part of their relationship’. If anyone says they truly despise their sibling, they’re told ‘Oh, don’t worry, it’s just a sign of affection’. And if they refuse to forgive their siblings, they’re told that they’re ‘traitors’ to their family blood and that they’re hurting possible future family ties and their parents. Well sorry parents my safety is my priority, not that your feelings will be upset just because I don’t show up at a family reunion.
To all those people who believe siblings must have a ‘till death do we part’ relationship, I have a message for you. WAKE UP. Not all siblings love each other. Some hate each other, and for good reason. Just because someone shares a bloodline with you, it doesn’t mean you owe them everything and have to love them unconditionally. This is the most stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. The people who help you in times of need, the people who offer you their shoulders to you to cry on and the people who love you no matter how crazy you are, those are the people who you owe everything to.
Domestic Sibling Abuse is a thing, people. Wake up.
Alright then, I’m done with this post. This is your favourite Unfavourite signing off. Bye.
P.S. To all the Unfavourites out there – you guys are all my favourites.
huh - ProPanda
Huh - TwilightKitsune
huh - ProPanda
huh - TwilightKitsune
huh - Martinglez
huh - TwilightKitsune
huh - ProPanda
Huh - MLPFan
Huh - TwilightKitsune
huh - ProPanda
Huh - TwilightKitsune
huh - AlphaQ
huh - AlphaQ
huh - AlphaQ
huh - PeeledBanana
I mean, I disagree with this completely, but good points were made. - ProPanda
I don't know how. It's very much a reality for a lot of kids. And I think Kitsune is speaking from personal experience. - visitor
Well, from personal experience, I can safely say despite arguments with my brother, I still like him. Living with him all these years, you gotta find a way to work things out. - ProPanda
Because your brother isn't a Nazi - TwilightKitsune
Lmao nazis are awesome - visitor
Nazis > my brother - TwilightKitsune
Yo... calm down. - ProPanda
@ProPanda I also have a pretty good relationship with my brother, but on the other side, I get how these things could happen - Martinglez
Yeah well, it probably doesn't need to be said that not everyone's relationships are gonna be like your relationship with your brother. That's great that y'all are able to get along though. - visitor
We don't get along. Like at all. Trust me. Doesn't mean I'm gonna hate him for that. - ProPanda
That takes maturity, lol. - visitor
My brother is retarded, that's the main reason he's such an ass. Panda, what would you do if you were in my shoes and had a brother like that? - TwilightKitsune
Give me an example. - ProPanda
Okay. What will you do if he slits your throat with a glass ornament? - TwilightKitsune
Has he seriously tried to do that? - visitor
Yeah he did - TwilightKitsune
Oh. Ok... you have a weird brother. I see where you're coming from. - ProPanda
'weird' - TwilightKitsune
@Twilightkitsune mines a billion times weirder, half the times he's naked and breaking into me and my younger brothers room naked by smashing into the doors. - AlphaQ
This was an interesting read - Martinglez
Yeah - TwilightKitsune
Break your brother. - Skullkid755
I'LL CRUSH HIS BONES - TwilightKitsune
Meh, my brother and sister get into arguments with me, but we care about each other. Don't worry, though, you're plenty of people's favorites. - Elric-san
Yay :-D - TwilightKitsune
I'm the oldest of 4 siblings. I have 5 years between me and my sister. I can safely say that based on personal experience that the oldest has it the hardest. I'm first to go to each grade,get a car,go to college,get a job, and getting married. Okay that last one is debatable.lol that one I might not be first.Anyway I have been on both sides. I've been the favorite and the unfavorite. It kinda depends on the situation.I get so annoyed when my parents always go with my younger siblings regardless if my side is correct. They always get their way. But that's just my thoughts. - Randomator
You're my favourite - TwilightKitsune
Lol my brothers much worse he set my hair on fire twice for accidentally turning his underwear pink. - AlphaQ
what - TwilightKitsune
The next time he annoys you, I'll send paint to your house so that you can pour it into his pants. - AlphaQ
Thank you - TwilightKitsune
Interesting article! how many years are you and your brothers were apart? - wariolady
He's 1 year younger - TwilightKitsune
Have you two tried to be friendly to each other? - wariolady
I usually ignore him. He attacks me anyway - TwilightKitsune
That's sad. I'm sorry to hear that. Do you try to tell your parents about it? - wariolady
I did but they don't do anything - TwilightKitsune
That's sad. They seem to just let your brother get away with everything - wariolady
Yeah. That's why I don't talk to them. They don't really help in anything - TwilightKitsune
My brother threatens me with knives, steals my stuff, and hits me. - visitor
WHAT - TwilightKitsune
In some families, where there are 3 siblings, the parents usually don't give a crap on the middle one. Even if he passes his tests with A+'s or does something really bad - styLIShT
Awww. Well, tell that middle one s/he's my favorite. - TwilightKitsune
I'm starting to feel I'm the unfavourite now. While my parents still scold my brother if he does something bad, when they scold me It's always worse than what they say to my brother. My parents are also nicer to my brother, to the point It's weird. I mean, I get better grades than him and demonstrated more useful talents than him but they don't really seem to care about me. Is it because he's more outgoing than me? - MLPFan
I know. In my family, I'm also the quiter more obedient sibling with better grades, yet they like him more. Well I really don't care because I plan to move away from them asap so they can be stuck with him for the rest of their lives anyway - TwilightKitsune
I'm planning to study at College in a different island. So once I finish high school, I'll be going to the Sumatran Island - MLPFan
I hope you can get away from your family soon. I recommend calling ChildLine.
0800 1111 (for children & young people) - RoseWeasley