Best Annihilator Albumsrock2metal
The Top Ten
The quintessential Annihilator album. I was blown away when I heard it.
Great album from a great and underrated band.
You may be surprised that many songs from this great album (1989) were released earlier (demos in 1985 and 1986): Alison Hell, Human Insecticide, Welcome to Your Death, Ligeia, Crystal Ann, Burns like a Buzzsaw Blade. - Metal_Treasure
It's difficult to say who invented technical thrash because:
1) Annihilator released demos in 1985 and 1986 with songs like Alison Hell, Human Insecticide (then titled Lust of Death), Welcome To Your Death, Phantasmagoria, and other songs later included in their first albums (1989, 1990).
2) I am a massive Coroner fan, too, but their demo came out in 1986 and Annihilator win.
3) However, Watchtower released their demo Meltdown in 1984, so they were before Coroner and Annihilator. To me this demo is more prog than thrash but still counts (it sounds closer to Coroner than Annihilator because Watchtower and Coroner had more Rush influences). - Metal_Treasure
While Alice is the clear winner, this gives it a heck of a close run for its money. It further develops Annihilator's brand of technical thrash. Both are staples of the subgenre. And by the way, Annihilator did not invent technical thrash; Coroner did with their 1987 RIP album. And Megadeth with Dave's innovative guitar playing and Ellefson's progressive basslines, especially its early work, laid the foundation for technical thrash.
Technical thrash was probably invented by Watchtower in 1984 (a demo). Annihilator released a demo in 1985, Coroner - in 1986. - Metal_Treasure
I actually enjoyed this album more than Alice in Hell. Both incredible albums.
This album is better than Alice in Hell in my opinion - ThePierrasse
Kind of a throwback to Alice and Never. 1 Alice 2 Never 3 Criteria 4 World on Fire.
I love this album. My favorite songs on it would have to be Set The World on Fire, Snake in The Grass, Knight Jumps Queen, The Edge, and Don't Bother Me. This hole album is great though.
A lot chiller than 'Alice' and 'Neverland'. The songwriting is great and at times cheesey (Knight jumps Queen) which makes it even cooler. Its not necassarly better than 'Alice' and 'never', because all 3 albums are badass. - BronzeWolf96
Better than KotK.
This should be in the top 3. One of the best and most underrated albums ever
This album is the most underrated thrash album ever - Sabbath
Related ListsTop Ten Albums Between Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Annihilator, Exodus, Overkill, and Testament Best Albums of All Time Top Ten Greatest Rap Albums Greatest Metallica Albums Best Iron Maiden Albums
List StatsUpdated 28 May 2017
6 years, 73 days old
2. Never Neverland
3. Criteria for a Black Widow
2. Criteria for a Black Widow
3. Never Neverland
2. Alice in Hell