Terms | Privacy | Copyright | FAQ
©2005-2019 TheTopTens® All rights reserved.
Why Ruby on Rails is popular?moisey The first release of Rails was in 2004 and it became popular very soon. At first, it was even considered a kind of silver bullet and a magic ingredient of a successful project. With time the fashion changed and many great new programming languages appeared. The beliefs about RoR became more realistic but still it is a good development framework and it remains very popular.
There are many well-known websites created on Ruby on Rails. Here are some examples:
- e-commerce giants Airbnb, Groupon;
- social platforms Dribbble, Diaspora;
- technical sites GitHub, Heroku.
- it allows to actualize ideas quickly,
- it is cost-effective.
There are also many benefits of RoR framework for the developers:
- lots of open source libraries and tools,
- rich documentation and educational resources,
- large rails community can help to fix any problem,
- stable ecosystem,
- standard tasks already have ready solutions.
Thus, Ruby on Rails is predictable, stable and reliable programming platform.