The United States
No country is perfect. But The United States comes close. Aside from the fact that it’s my home and it’s completely natural to love your home, here are the reasons why (and I’m stating the facts that I have studied and seen):
1. Americans have the highest standard of living.
2. We’re the wealthiest nation. Sure we suffered a setback during the recession, but we got ourselves out of that hole and have managed to remain the nation with the largest economy.
3. We lead in science and technology. Most widely used and cutting edge inventions have come from the U.S.
4. We’re the most developed nation.
5. America is the nation that you can always count on to aid other nations, whether it is to fight diseases, hunger, etc. Whenever a nation is in trouble, they always look to America to come to their aid. In 2012, the U.S. gave $30 billion in foreign aid.
6. America is still the land of opportunities. Even those who dislike America have to at some point admit that if you can’t succeed in this nation, you can’t succeed anywhere. This is a country where everyone has the equal opportunity to prosper and live the American dream.
7. We have the strongest military in the entire world.
8. We’re united as one.
9. We’re the most diverse nation. (We’re not called “the melting pot” for nothing.)
10. America is home to 6 of the top 10 universities of the world.
There are plenty of other reasons, of course. But the ones I mentioned above seem to be the TOP ten in my opinion. However, all the reasons stated above are FACTS; not just opinions.
Btw, I can’t help but reply to what some people wrote about India being #1. I don’t expect Indians to not love their own country, but stating that it’s the richest and most beautiful just illustrates their ignorance. You can’t argue with the facts.
1. Americans have the highest standard of living? I'd consider that an opinion.
2. What exactly is meant by "largest economy"? In GDP? Exports?
3. The light bulb? Take some time to read up on it. I'd like to see some other examples.
4. The most developed nation? What exactly does that mean?
5. Possibly the reason why the Middle East hates the USA.
6. America isn't the only one. Look at Canada.
7. Where has it gotten you?
8. Including all of those illegal immigrants?
9. Diverse? Canada is every bit as diverse, my friend.
10. Finally a concrete fact!
I'm sick of Americans flaunting themselves as the best country in the world. If you're so amazing, then why do you have to use debatable "facts" to prove it? Let's actually hear some concrete reasons!
Don't get me wrong, I think the USA is one of the best countries in the world. But I have just seen statements like the above one too many times! - PetSounds
I'd say most of those "facts" are debatable opinions.
And my friend, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who is to say that India is not the beautiful country in the world? - PetSounds
I believe your comment is offensive and has been flagged. - visitor
I live in the US and there's one thing I'll never understand one second everyone is saying it's the best here but when talking to their fellow Americans all they do is complain about the president, government, gas prices, and it gets pretty annoying to see how hypocritical people here are. - happyhappyjoyjoy
I think you mean norway - CityGuru
I agree that our country isn't perfect, but the only thing I don't like is our government. - funnyuser