Best Metal Songs by Non-Metal Artistssomekindofaguy
The Top Ten
This song from 1981 is 100% metal, everything is metal in it - from the riff to the beat and lyrics. The song was covered by Gamma Ray and Vader (death metal band).
My remix is based on how close to true metal the song is because first we have to make sure the song is metal and then to decide what is the best.
Metal = rock music based on classical with NO blues, funk, rap, electronic, Rock N Roll and similar elements. From Rock N Roll metal music takes only the "rock" part and doesn't use the "roll" part.
Blues inspired songs are NOT metal - they are hard rock, blues rock, heavy blues rock - Metal_Treasure
This song is great power metal and more than 10 metal bands did covers. - Metal_Treasure
This is closer to grunge than to metal - don't you hear an early Kurt Cobain/Nirvana in this song? - Metal_Treasure
Watch man, I know how most of these songs are only hard rock, I just putted some songs before someone else dumbass put it... - somekindofaguy
Nope. Hard rock, all the way.
Obviously influenced by Deep Purple, this song even has a ripped off element from "Flight of the Rat" by Deep Purple but this is a metal song. "Set Me Free" was covered by Saxon. - Metal_Treasure
This is hard rock, just because they mention "Demons" doesn't mean it's metal. - Metal_Treasure
Yes its one of the first thrash metal song - zxm
Yes, it's widely considered the first thrash song (1974).
About the other songs on the list - not every heavy sounding song is a heavy metal song. First you have to make sure the song is metal and then to decide what is the best.
1) Blues / Rock N Roll inspired songs are not metal - they can be hard rock, blues rock, heavy blues rock (Whole Lotta Rosie is not metal for sure).
2) In metal there's NO blues, funk, Rock N Roll and similar elements. From Rock N Roll metal music takes only the "rock" part and doesn't take the "roll" part.
3) Ideally, metal is classically inspired but this doesn't mean you have to hear clearly symphonic stuff - it only means that the structure of metal music follows the structure of classical music. That's why there's no blues, etc. in metal music and metal goes very well with classical. - Metal_Treasure
It's not metal, it's Rock N Roll. - Metal_Treasure
No, this isn't metal guys. - Metal_Treasure
This is jazz-blues fusion.
Beatles are not metal they never were - christangrant
Also with a great guitar work (metal guitars for sure). Megadeth did a cover. - Metal_Treasure
Related ListsTop 10 Metal Artists with 3 or More Good Cover Songs Top Ten Metal Songs that Will Get You Into the Artists Top 10 Best Songs by Metal Artists to Play to Your Friends and Family Best Metal/Rock Songs from Popular Music Artists Top Ten Music Artists that Have Both Power Metal & Hard Rock Songs
1 year, 186 days old
2. Out in the Fields - Gary Moore & Phil Lynott
3. Stone Cold Crazy - Queen
2. Bird of Prey - Uriah Heep
3. Angel of Death - Thin Lizzy
2. God of Thunder - Kiss
3. The Nile Song - Pink Floyd