Top 10 Metal Songs with Non-Standard Song StructuresMetal_Treasure The most common, standard/traditional song structure is this:
(Intro), Verse-Chorus, Verse-Chorus, (Bridge/Solo), Chorus, Chorus.
Song structures that differ significantly from the most common structure are considered Non-Standard.
I made a list about the non-standard song structures where you can see more details - Top 10 Possible Features in a Non-Standard Song Structure.
The Top Ten
This song has no chorus. But it's amazing. - Metal_Treasure
No chorus?! So what? - Metal_Treasure
There's a bridge instead of a guitar solo. Great song by a great... soloist. Jeff Waters made songs with 3 and more solos but here he decided to do something else. - Metal_Treasure
This song starts with a guitar solo. Crazy approach but sounds awesome. Love this song. - Metal_Treasure
There's no chorus. Did Iron Maiden forget to write a chorus again? Kidding - I know they didn't forget: they just experimented with something different. - Metal_Treasure
It starts with a guitar solo - Metal_Treasure
There's a bridge instead of a guitar solo. - Metal_Treasure
1) it has different verse structures (if these different parts can be called "verses" in the strict sense)
2) it has a pre-chorus that is an optional part of a song - Metal_Treasure
It has a pre-chorus which is an optional section but this isn't the most surprising thing. Details are more interesting because Blind Guardian used the pre-chorus differently:
1) they put the pre-chorus in the middle of the verse and not in its end, where the pre-chorus is supposed to be. Normally, the pre-chorus is right before the chorus but Blind Guardian put a pretty long section between the pre-chorus and the chorus.
2) there's no pre-chorus in the last, 3rd verse
3) pre-choruses are with different lyrics
4) pre-chorus is my favorite part of this song - I think it's even better than the chorus (the chorus is the section starting with "There on the battlefield she sings Praise, hallelujah...")
"Don't call it hopelessly insane Oh Oh Oh
I go and grasp the grail Oh Oh Oh
But in a graceful way Oh Oh Oh
Illegally, my aim
The grail will cross the border now"
"So after all, in vain Oh Oh Oh
I've met him and found ...more - Metal_Treasure
There are 2 guitar solos in the intro (and a 3rd one in the middle of the song but this isn't unusual) - Metal_Treasure
Please do not bash this. But this song should be on the list because it has no chorus.
This song, like Holy Wars, has no chorus. Still awesome!
This song has no chorus.
The song starts off with a guitar solo, has two verses back to back with a guitar hook and choruses with varying amounts of words.
All in all, a great song.
Related ListsTop 10 Possible Features in a Non-Standard Song Structure Best WWF/E (Standard 1 vs 1) Singles (Non-Championship/Non-Stipulation) Matches Top Ten Structures Songs Top Ten Uneven Structure Songs Best Naturally Generated Structures In Minecraft
1 year, 201 days old
2. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due - Megadeth
3. Human Insecticide - Annihilator