Best Songs On Metallica's Master of Puppetskuba16polska
The Top Ten
The Great Absolute Heavy Metal Masterpiece
1 welcome home
2 damage, Inc.
5 master of Puppets
6 the thing that should not be
7 disposable Heroes
8 lepper messiah
This song is truly amazing! - Userguy44
In my opinion, the best song on the album! I love this song so much! I love the lyrics to this song. Everything about this song is so amazing. One of my favorite Metallica songs of all-time!
This song is the definition of war
One of the few true thrash songs on this highly overrated album.
One of Metallica's heaviest, fastest, and, sadly, most underrated songs. It has excellent, meaningful lyrics about young men going to war against their will. Also, The Thing That Should Not Be needs to be higher.
Giving this my vote because it is so underrated, otherwise I really think Disposable heroes, Welcome Home, Master and Battery are equally good. But this song has easily the best lyrics of all the songs, great and bad ass riffs too.
What if experiments used with this album.
1. "Battery" had experiments with the Ride The Lightning and Justice For All tones, but Ride the lightning was the most suitable tone. So "Battery" will be on Ride the Lightning what if album.
2. "Master of Puppets" can be on both the Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets what if albums.
3. "The Thing That Should Not be" had experiments with the Justice For All and the Black Album tones. This one will be on the Black Album what if album. Black album version was beastly.
4. "Welcome Home" will stay on this album.
5. "Disposable Heroes" had the tones for Ride the lightning and Justice for all. Though it hasn't been fully decided which tone album it will be on. My guess is that it won't be on Ride the lightning because the amps were having problems and the guitar wasn't at volume.
6. "Leper Messiah" will stay on this album
7. "Orion" most likely on Ride the lightning. Its already on ...more
Great build up and great guitar riffs. - Userguy44
Alongside Fight fire with fire, this song works as a perfect intro to MOP. An alluring acoustic intro that leads into a rhythm guitarists first road block, Battery! Fast paced with an energy that mimics the title, battery just gets you pumped for the rest of the album.
No words but some of the best guitar in any Metallica song ever
This is my favourite Metallica album so it was really hard to choose my favourite, they are all good songs but for me Orion is a whisker in front of the rest, it is so relaxing, and has meaningful music - JULESMETAL13
Metallica's Best Instrumental ever!
Second best, behind "Master of Puppets" of course... "Battery" should be third, "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" should be fourth, rest of the album is worthless... well, maybe "The Thing that Should Not Be" defends itself (so it's 5th in my opinion)
Favorite Kerry King (Slayer Guitarist) Metallica song! - EzP2
The best thrash metal song ever!
Badass solo, Agressive Riffs, Good drums.
This is real thrash. - Userguy44
Tf? Great riff and solo. Easily better than The Thing That Should Not Be, Damage, Inc., WAY better than the insanely overrated Battery, and at part if not slightly better than Disposable Heroes.
To be honest, this album as a whole is pretty overrated, and isn't nearly as good as Ride The Lightning.
1) Master Of Puppets
3) Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
4) Leper Messiah
5) Disposable Heroes
6) Damage, Inc.
8) The Thing That Should Not Be
The only GREAT songs on Master of Puppets are the top 3, and only GOOD songs are within the top 5, maybe 6. Both Battery and TNB are just bad, and Damage, Inc. is meh.
Ride The Lightning:
1) Creeping Death
2) The Call of Ktulu
3) Ride The Lightning
4) For Whom The Bell Tolls
5) Fade To Black
6) Trapped Under Ice
7) Fight Fire With Fire
The GREAT songs on Ride The Lightning are the top 5, and virtually every song is still GOOD, all the way to Escape.
RIDE THE ...more
One of the best songs on the album. Bow to Leper Messiah! This song rules!
It's at 6 now? Nice! - Metarock
So underrated! Has a very nice groove to it and good lyrics as well. The second half is also simply amazing.
People make the more famous ones Higher - AngusCash
Face the thing that should not be!
Deserves to be higher than last place! - Ljubo1950
No other guitarist in the world could have created that awesome solo. What I mean is it really brings out the moods of the song. Great song to frighten away pop fans. On the whole this song is complete package. Comes right after welcome home and master. And gets fifth spot on my favorite Metallica songs. Hats off to Mr. Hetfield who created those eternal riffs. Also this is Mr. Hetfield's favorite song.