Top 10 Surprising Answers to the Question "Who Has a Bigger Vocal Range?"Metal_Treasure Vocal range is something objective and you can measure it - you need the lowest and the highest note a singer ever hit taken from the songs where s/he hit them. Then you count the octaves and notes.
But the perception of the vocal range can be subjective and can be terribly wrong. Most of the comments on the music lists are based on subjective perceptions, misconceptions or urban myths and legends.
1) Many people think that the range is the highest note a singer can hit - no, it's the distance between the highest AND the lowest note.
2) Some other guys think that a big range means high voice - again, it's wrong. Lowest notes are taken into account to determine the range.
One more thing: range is only one of the aspects to evaluate singers and not always singers with the bigger ranges are also the better singers. There are other things to compare, such as power, control, switches, runs, and so on.
The Top Ten
This one demonstrates that vocal range is just one small part of singing ability.
I like James Hetfield's singing, but Pavarotti is the consensus greatest male singer of all time.
I though axl had the biggest vocal range after mike - zxmV 3 Comments
Jack Black- a very funny comedian with some singing ability.
Frank Sinatra- possibly the greatest ever non-operatic singer.
Related ListsTop Ten Answers to the Question: "What is God?" Top 10 Songs that Answers Iggy Azalea's Moronic "Say What, What?" Question Top Ten Answers to the Question "Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?" Most Reasonable Answers to Answer the Question "Why Can't a TheTopTens User Learn to Take a Small Joke?" Top 10 Song Titles That Answer the Question "Who Are You?"
List StatsUpdated 26 Feb 2017
235 days old
2. Robert Plant or Ian Gillan? - Ian Gillan
3. David Gilmour or Roger Waters? - Roger Waters
2. Mariah Carey or Axl Rose? - Axl Rose
3. Whitney Houston or Dave Mustaine? - Dave Mustaine