FFLA: Top 10 Questions About Mother 3NuMetalManiak Hey, I gotta admit, MOTHER 3 really was a great game, so let's go ahead and look at a certain list here, and let's see exactly what we can analyze about this particular game, any lingering questions that need to be made. Caution, huge MOTHER 3 nerd dump.
1. Who Is The Masked Man? (SPOILER ALERT): Already spoiled it in the review.
2. How Does Jamming Trumpets And Saxophones Up Your Nose Extend Fassad's Life Span?: Um, I really don't think it does. The deal with Fassad is he's a character that is essentially immortal in one way, but I'll talk about it later in a different album. But him losing his speaking ability after that fall off the balloon does raise questions.
3. Why Does Fassad Decide To Just Abuse A Monkey For No Apparent Reason?: This I personally wanna know, but there is a hint as to why he does it, and it has to do with the fusing of animals into "chimeras". My guess is he abuses Salsa so much that he will order Salsa's love monkey to be turned into a chimera or something.
4. Does Porky Die In The Absolutely Safe Capsule?: I'm surprised this isn't #1. Porky is the second-to-last boss, and his fight basically ends after he ends up in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, which is absolutely safe from EVERYTHING and he cannot leave. At some point though, Porky will likely start to have problems with hunger or bowel movements (unless such amenities are actually incorporated in there, but then again this isn't likely), so I can guess he will eventually die. Isn't Porky (the real deal I mean) a mummy in some case though?
5. Can The King Statue Attack Other People Besides Lucas And Company?: Possibly yes, because any non-believers would just get outright murdered. But no one really sees them anyways.
6. Just How Much Does Porky Love Omelets?: I don't think Porky and Omelets were a thing in this game.
7. Why Is Mother 3's Storyline So Heavily Based Off Of Star Wars?: Well there's the Pigmask army, and the masked man being Lucas's brother, with the name Lucas being similar to Luke, Duster probably being like Han, Kumatora like Leia, Boney like Chewbacca, Porky like Palpatine (not really), erm, the resemblances aren't that impressive.
8. Where Did The Masked Man Get The Electric Lightsaber He Uses?: Maybe Itoi thought it would be cool.
9. Why Are Both The Magypsies And The Barrier Trio So Utterly Disturbing?: Why are the Barrier Trio lumped with the Magypsies in this case? Seems strange that a certain boss ends up lumped with them. Magypsies are quite disturbing given their appearances and contrasting behaviors.
10. Is Flint Secretly Chuck Norris?: Or is he Clint Eastwood? Flint in-game is actually pretty weak though, and you don't get him anywhere past Chapter 1.
11. Why Does The Masked Man Have A Scouter Attached To His Helmet?: Possibly just another reference.
12. Why Does Fassad Have So Much In Common With Wario?: He's a fat bastard who likes food and is greedy, makes a lot of sense.
13. Why Does Lucas See Eerie Smiles When He Hallucinates On Tanetane Island?: Could be nightmares.
14. Why Does The Putrid Cesspool Water On Tanetane Island Heal You During The Hallucination Sequence?: A better question would be how does it not somehow poison or somehow maim, with Boney being the ONLY member who just doesn't dip. It's weird and not likely to have a clear answer.
15. How Do The Characters Take Their Clothes On And Off Instantly When Entering And Exiting Hot Springs?: I don't think they take their clothes off at all.
16. What Happens After The Black Screen Of Death?: Do you mean the "END?" screen? You're supposed to walk around in it, people talk to you. But as it seems everyone made it out alive some question as to how must be answered.
17. Why Is Flint Such A Stereotypical Cowboy?: I have no clue.
18. Are Flint And Hinawa Secretly Ness And Paula?: Would doubt it. Ness has black hair and Flint has brown.
19. Why Does Lucas Start Out So Pathetically Weak And Cowardly?: You barely control him in the prologue, in which he doesn't cower all THAT much. Otherwise in cutscenes it's just his character.
20. Why Do Yam Monsters Exist?: Likely chimeras, in this case fusing animals with yam.
21. Why Does "Mr. Batty Twist" Sound So Much Like The Adam West Batman Theme?: I only just recently noticed this. A likely shout-out.
22. Why Is "Porky's Porkies" A Remix Of "Mr. Batty Twist"?: A remix of a remix. MOTHER 3 is an interesting game.
23. Why Does Porky Have So Many Robot Clones Of Both Himself And His Mother?: For one, he loves his mama. For himself, it's an obvious ploy to throw off Lucas and his gang.
24. Doesn't The Masked Man's Lightsaber Turn Blue During The Final Battle?: Why would it?
25. Why Can't The Game Finally See An Official English Release?: You would think that the 2015 Virtual Console release would FINALLY see an official English-translated release but nope.
26. Why Hasn't Everyone In The Dur-T Cafe Evacuated The Place Already?: They want more business and money or something.
27. How Does Fassad Manage To Come Back From The Dead TWICE Through Simple Reconstruction Of His Body?: The answer to that, spoiler alert, he's a former Magypsy, Locria. His shell house has bananas and trumpets. Magypsies are stated to be immortal, and only disappear completely after the respective needle is pulled.
28. Why Is Fassad Such An Insufferable Douche?: He was most likely corrupted by Porky.
29. Does Duster Secretly Have A True Crush On Kumatora?: There's no real interaction between the two in-game. I cannot say.
30. Why Is PK Ground So Insanely Overpowered?: It does 2% to 13% of a target's Max HP to up to 5 enemies, has an 8% chance of triggering a unique status and can go through PSI Counters or PSI shields. The first part is what you'll be looking at, especially considering it's likely the player will get the spell around the time the big bosses like Porky appear.
31. Why Can't You Skip Any Of The Cutscenes?: Why would you wanna do that?
32. What's So Special About A "Slightly Unclean And Not Very Tasty" Cookie?: It's probably an in-joke that Mike makes in-game.
33. What's The Point Of Even Attacking With A Character As Weak As Salsa?: Well, Monkey Mimic can be incredibly powerful. Although Salsa WILL Have to survive a hit in that case.
34. What's The True Meaning Of Flint's Attack Instrument? To Show How Manly He Is, Or To Express His Inner Sorrow? Or Both?: I hear it's a saxophone. I don't think it really has any bearing whatsoever.
35. Why Is Flint's Power Smash So Ungodly Inaccurate?: It's probably just supposed to be some sort of "super powerful but inaccurate attack" for balance reasons.
36. Where Does Duster Keep All Of His Thief Tools?: Who knows. Where do any of the characters keep their pocket items? Boney in particular.
37. In The Sewer Level In New Pork City, Do You Actually Bathe In Sewer Water?: I don't think you even go into the sewer water in this game (you could in Earthbound)
38. Why Is The Theme For The Last Hot Spring So Creepy?: Could be because you're near the end of the game well under the ground.
39. Why Is The Strawberry Slime So Gross?: It's an optional boss, apparently leaving a jar and oozing out. Weird, and it "spews digestive fluids". I'll leave that up to the imagination.
40. What Exactly Are Those Door Monsters Supposed To Be?: They're monsters in a ghost mansion. Anything can happen.
41. What Exactly Is Negative Man Supposed To Be?: A joke enemy perhaps?
42. Why Does The Soot Dumpling Appear As An Enemy?: A better question is why is it a RARE enemy? It's essentially one of them metal slime types.
43. Is The Masked Man Truly, Literally Heartless?: That would involve ripping his heart out. Not likely.
44. Why Does The Masked Man Look So Intimidatingly Badass And Awesomely Cool?: A rather opinionated question. I think he''s lame.
45. Is It Possible To Actually Feel Bad For Porky In This Game?: At the end? Probably not. He basically traps himself and won't hurt me anymore.
46. Why Is Porky So Egotistical In This Game?: You're saying that as if he never was.
47. Why Does Milk Spoil So Quickly In This Game?: I don't even pay attention to it. Although I heard Yogurt is an item to get if you sit around long enough once the milk goes rotten.
48. Is It Just Me Or Are You Gorgeous?: This is either a troll item or something related to the Magypsies.
49. How Exactly Do People Even Bear Living In New Pork City?: It's called a marketing tactic. Promises of happiness to a place that starts to have happiness, as well as lots of colorful lights, money, entertainment, everything. But of course in this game it's all a big farce.
50. Just How Big Is The Natural Killer Cyborg?: What he looks like before battle is actually bigger than the characters. The same in battle. But how big it is is that it isn't that huge in all honesty.
51. Are The Pigmasks More Similar To Nazis Or Stormtroopers: Stormtroopers most likely. They're quite dumb.
Still a good game.