Top Ten Songs That Don't Sound Like They Were Written By the Particular Music Artist
The Top Ten
True. Their songs are usually softer. - Misfire
Yes! Did they write this thrashy song for Metallica? Maybe, even though Metallica was still just an idea in the God's plan back then and Metallica didn't exist ;-) - Metal_Treasure
Sounds a bit like Led Zeppelin - Alkadikce
I don't feel it's so out of place, it fits in the flow of the album, much more than Prodigal Son. Iron Maiden songs I think don't sound like Iron Maiden:
* From Here to Eternity, sounds like AC/DC together with a bunch of other songs from their first two 1990s albums
* almost anything from The X Factor, but most notably Blood on the World's Hands and 2 A.M. which don't even sound like heavy metal in general
* The Educated Fool, almost pop music
* Montségur, seems to have some folk metal and medieval music elements
* Satellite 15. A fan wrote in an album review that he first thought he put in the wrong disc when the album opened with this song. I don't wonder why.
* More Tea Vicar, a rap parody.
* Nodding Donkey Blues. You already included it in one of your lists you I don't have to explain - Alkadikce
Yes! My favorite country song. I'm not even kidding. I just love James voice. - Metal_Treasure
The whole Cryptic Writings, Risk and The World Needs a Hero album could be on this list. - Alkadikce
I like this song a lot. - PhoenixAura81
I am pretty sure I have already written the same thing on TheTopTens, but this song reminds me of a playground with merry-go-rounds, bunjee jumping and bouncey castles in a fun fair. - Alkadikce
Killer song, very underrated. That riff is awesome. - Metal_Treasure
Yup, they sounded like that when started. - Metal_Treasure
A pretty heavy song by a band generally associated with power metal (not a heavy subgenre). This song sounds, like, what we would get if Slayer played power metal. Hansi aggressive vocals even resemble Tom Araya at times (ex., 1:30). I like the fact that Blind Guardian play music that is much heavier than most of the power metal bands. And I find it funny that this song is heavier than the songs by Mayhem, Metallica, and Megadeth featured on this list. 😂 - Metal_Treasure
I love Primus, and this is my favorite Primus song. But this does not sound like Primus at all. Primus are defined by a unique, distorted, funky bass-driven sound with a sort of hillbilly, growly singing by Les Claypool.
This song is softer, and Les Claypool's vocals are more conventional. Their most "ordinary" track. - JoLeKosovo
Compare this to the entire Beatles discography. Crazy, right? lol - Misfire
This is a heavy metal song. - JoLeKosovo