Best Albums of Swedish Pop Rock Band The Ark
They have never made a perfect album but this is the best (their 2nd from 2002). What can be strange for a listener is that half of the songs are about gay love (2, 4? , 5, 8, 9, 11). Overall, the lyrics make more sense and are way less cheesy on this album than on the others. (you have to know that I am very strict with giving 10-scale points). By the way, this album came out 4 days after I was born.
1. Beauty is the Beast: 6.5/10
2. Father of a Son: 2.5/10
3. Tell Me This Night Is Over: 10/10, it seems to turn to a hymn at the end. It's also one of the few songs by them where the lyrics aren't that bad.
4. Calleth You Cometh I: 9/10, very good for a pop song, especially the ending with the strings
5. A Virgin Like You: 10/10, again the ending is the best
6. Interlude: I don't know what to make of it. It's an unneccessary instrumental track with the same 5 seconds on repeat.
7. Tired of Being An Object? : 6.5/10, used to like this song UNTIL I didn't understand ...more
Oh wow this sounds like not an album to listen to at 7-8.
The debut album in 2000 after the band has already existed for 11 years.
1. Hey Modern Days 5/10
2. Echo Chamber 10/10
3. Joy Surrender 10/10, my favorite song by the band, it reminds me of Microsoft Office 2007 and Windows 7
4. It Takes A Fool To Remain Sane 9.5/10, their only song to reach a million views on YouTube.
5. Ain't Too Proud To Bow 8.5/10
6. Bottleneck Barbiture 10/10 has a similar atmosphere as Rainbow Eyes by Rainbow
7. Let Your Body Decide from 3.5/10 to 10/10: the album version is very boring but the single (if you don't understand the lyrics which are dumb) is much more enjoyable, I also like the music video
8. Patchouli 4/10
9. This Sad Bouquet 7.5/10 some really good lines in the lyrics like "it took time [...] to accept the fact that one must lose everything except what you do not choose" but also some very cheesy and generic lines like "wasn't born to hate, I was made to love". Overall it is a bit too whiny, there are much better sad ...more
Fourth studio album from 2007. Improvement over State of the Ark, but it I wouldn't call it really good.
1. Prayer for the Weekend 9.5/10 one of the best pop intros
2. The Worrying Kind 6.5/10 Sweden's entry for the 2007 Eurovision song contest
3. Absolutely No Decorum 6.5/10
4. Little Dysfunk You 10/10
5. New Pollution 3.5/10
6. Thorazine Corazon 8.5/10 Are they singing into mugs?
7. I Pathologize 9/10 It is so good to sing along!
8. Death to the Martyrs 3.5/10
9. All I Want Is You 2/10. Just what you expect from a song called "All I Want Is You"
10. Gimme Love to Give 3.5/10 Awkward structure and cheesy lyrics.
11. Uriel 8.5/10 A bit boring but it is perfect to cut under a YouTube video.
State of the Ark and Prayer for the Weekend could've been jammed together in one album: Prayer for the Weekend, The Worrying Kind, Absolutely No Decorum, Little Dysfunk You, Thorazine Corazon, I Pathologize and Uriel from this, and One of Us Is Gonna Die ...more
3rd album from 2004, half of it is filler, and it is teeming of swear words. Typical example of a sandwiched album.
1. This Piece of Poetry Is Meant to Do Harm: 5.5/10 the kind of song you are ashemed to listen to
2. R. C. W. 0.5/10 one of the worst songs I heard, full of swear words, no stable rhythm, senseless lyrics like "pilgrims of sleaze and of nocturnal pancake", and ends in the possible worst way: repeating a line
3. Clamour for Glamour 2.5/10 Flamin Groovies - Slow Death's riff put together with an annoying chorus
4. One of us is Gonna Die Young 9/10 best and most famous from the album, good to sing along
5. Let Me Down Gently 9/10
6. Hey Kwanongoma 3/10
7. The Others 3.5/10 The Most Radical Thing to Do is a way better song about gay love, and this has too many swearing
8. Girl You're Gonna Get 'em (Real Soon): 1/10 what lyrics are these? The title sentence is said (not sung) 24 times and the rest is like an educational toddler song with nonsencial ...more
3rd studio album from 2004. Half of the album is filler material, and it overuses synth instruments.
1. This Piece of Poetry Is Meant to do Harm 5.5/10 The kind of song you are ashamed to listen (cheesy but catchy and sticks in your head)
2. Rock City ******* 0.5/10 One of the worst songs I have heard. Full of swear words, contains nonsensical lyrics like "pilgrims of sleaze and of nocturnal pancake", the rhythm is so unequal it feels like the song disintegrates, there are no rhymes, the lines are painfully different length, and it ends in the worst possible way: repeating a line to death.
3. Clamour for Glamour 2.5/10 The riff of Flamin' Groovies - Slow Death together with some annoying senseless lines (Pa-pa-deo)
4. One of us is Gonna Die Young 9/10 best song on the album, is very similar to I Pathologize from the next album.
5. Let Me Down Gently 9/10 The number 5 fits this song very well (same for A Virgin Like You, which is also track 5)
6. Hey ...more
I can't find it on the internet but they have a collection with B-sides and firstlings before their first album. It contains their 2nd best song, Any Operator Will Do. Overall, most of their B-sides are better than the last studio release.
Their last album from 2010 is the worst. I couldn't listen to it, skipped all songs after 20 seconds. Even the singles from it, Superstar (the first track) and Stay With Me are boring and poorly written. I think I can do better.
The 20 singles of the band released with 2 new songs when the band broke up in 2011. The 2 new songs are actually better than anything from In Full Regalia.
It contains some of the best songs (Tell Me This Night Is Over, Joy Surrender, Little Dysfunk You).
An EP from 1994 with four not-so-good songs. Let's forgive them, the singer wasn't even 20 yet, and they had no official drummer.