Top 10 Biggest Game Theory MistakesEverybody makes mistakes, even Game Theory, the show that is hosted by a "doo doo brain". Try to at least give Matthew Patrick some slack.
Mario is mental? I think not! Here's something wrong here!
1. Mr. MatPat says Mario kills a Wiggler in Super Mario Sunshine & destroys it's home. There's a correction. Mario needs to kill it in a mission called Mirror Madness! Tilt, Slam, Bam. Why does he need to kill it? Here's why. Right when Mario starts his mission, he finds a local saying that the Wiggler is napping on top of the tower & also stating this. "This could endanger the legendary Sand Bird egg." Convinced now? You really shouldn't have said Mario kills an "innocent" Wiggler in Super Mario Sunshine, Mr. MatPat.
2. Do you remember when MatPat said that Mario punches Yoshi to use its tongue. Well, he's wrong. Mario doesn't punch Yoshi in Super Mario World, or Super Mario Galaxy 2. He's pointing, not punching Yoshi. He also points in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. So, Mario doesn't seem to abuse Yoshi, does he?
3. Speaking of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, MatPat stated Mario & Peach leave Luigi & not encouraging him. Is ...more
This guy is a disgrace to the gaming community! He basically talks about how Mario (Nintendo's biggest mascot and most popular video game character of all time)is a psychopath. WHICH IS Bull! I despise this guy and all of his stupid videos, especially #1! I'm not gonna bother debunking this god awful theory because other people have!
It's so stupid how everyone hates game theory for the few bad theories he had. He works very hard, and like he says, "That's just a theory…" meaning that it's not always right. He even said once that he makes these theories to show a new view of a video game, and even if it's wrong, that doesn't mean you should hate him for it.
1. Jumpman is Mario's Father
2. The Wiggler in Super Mario 64 got so mad at Mario for accidentally flooding the house that he TRIED TO KILL MARIO! It's called self defense!
3. The Wiggler in Sunshine was preventing the legendary sand bird from being born.
4. Mario isn't punching Yoshi, he's actually pointing. Zoom in and you can see there's a finger.
5. The players used the "Yoshi into a pit" strategy to complete the game, Mario never does this.
6. Luigi BARELY asks to go on adventures with Mario! Luigi is a coward!
7. Luigi accidentally shut the door to the hot air balloon in NSMBW. Mario and Peach don't notice that he got left there and decide not to get him since the toads gave him a ride.
8. Mario is Missing is a non canon source! Plus I'm sure Mario isn't thinking "haha, this is all you're gonna get". In another version of the game, Mario hugs Luigi!
9. MARIO STANDS ON LUIGI'S FOOT! MatPat really over exaggerates here. This is basic sibling rivalry and ...more
Undertale and Earthbound are made by different creators. Earthbound belongs to Nintendo. Undertale belongs to Toby Fox. Nintendo has Ness. Undertale has Sans. Nintendo and Toby Fox both have their own copyrights. Undertale has nowhere near the rights to use any of Nintendo's characters. Toby Fox can't make money of of Earthbound characters. Sans being Ness would give Toby Fox a copyright lawsuit. Since Toby Fox is a game developer who actually makes money off of his game, he would HAVE to know that taking characters from other peoples games and putting it into his own games is wrong. In conclusion, SANS CAN'T BE NESS!
Oh boy...this atrocious video. How it pisses me off. There are PLENTY of flaws with this theory that's makes no sense. How many questions...
1. Why is Sans bigger than Ness? He's definitely taller, you know he towers over Frisk and Chara!
2. Why is Sans wearing a jacket?
3. Why is Sans' skull bigger than Ness'?
4. Why is Papyrus a random starman that thinks that Ness is his brother?
5. Why wouldn't Papyrus Know what the sun is if he was a Starman?
6. Why would Ness go into a phase disorder to test his courage?
7. Why did Ness turn into a skeleton when he came out of a machine that can't transport organic material?
8. If the map from Earthbound and the map from Undertale were the same, why would the sun be setting in the north?
9. Why doesn't Sans fight with the baseball bat given the fact that it's the signature weapon from Earthbound and a Smash item?
10. If Dr. Andonuts put Ness and his buddies into robotic ...more
He uses a series of references to claim that two completely unrelated characters from two completely unrelated series are the same person. Also, this theory was officially denied by Toby Fox (Undertale's creator) within 2 hours of its publication.
And here is the theory that made the sane half of an entire fandom hate game theory.
1. MatPat stated that there's no Peach toy in the Mario VS. Donkey Kong series. No Peach toy? There is a Peach toy, MatPat. You probably never seen one before.
2. Mario IS A MURDERER! Wait! Maybe, he's not. It's probably the gamers. Yes! We all know the Toads are turned into brick blocks & they die after being smashed into pieces, but let's think about it. Try going through the first level in Super Mario Bros. without smashing a brick block. You'll see that you've murdered no Toads. Now, try again & this time, smash a brick block. You are a serial killer. BUT WAIT! I'm not done here. So, who controls Mario? You! That's right, you! The one that is playing Super Mario Bros. controls Mario & makes him smash brick blocks. Does this mean we the gamers have made Mario a serial killer? Maybe we did, or we didn't. Also, why do we get points for killing a Toad, why do Toads give you two middle fingers after saving them & why does nobody, I mean, nobody, seriously, NOBODY cares about Mario ...more
That whole video was just a big no, made disregarding in game lore and ignoring the real actual system it was based on.
Worse than Sans is Ness
He completely forgot about the existence of shields. And when people started commenting about his mistakes he threw a hissy fit and started whining. He was debunked by about 3 different other Youtube channels specializing in this subject. This isn't even something that you could argue with lore. He completely screwed up historical facts repeatedly.
One of the worst, most inaccurate, trite theories he has ever made.
His worst video in my opinion.
He literally complains how the WiiU didn't come bundled with a game, even though it's almost impossible to find one without a game. That would be like MatPat scolded Nintendo for not porting any Sonic the Hedgehog games to the Super Nintendo.
I've seen the Mario is mental and Wii U videos, and they at least have some point to them. This video is just all mistake. Completely based on mathematical flaws, that leads to one of the greatest mess ups in MatPat's history. He even referenced it in his Mario is communist video, which was a funny reference.
Why does he think warioware is taller than samus, when clearly samus is taller than wario.
These theories can be pretty weird at times, but this one was just ridiculous.
Ok! Someone doesn't know what they're talking about. Gnoggin is glad they're not the only ones that noticed this mistake. How is Wario 10 feet tall? I know what you're saying people. "How should I know? "
Me:Uh.. Uh. You are letting your lips speak before you think. HUSH HUSH!
Actually stated in multiple sources that "When the game was being developed, the creators were originally going to make Rosalina related to Peach in some way, but ultimately decided against it." This came LONG before his theory, making both videos redundant in the first place.
Every single human character is the game's has blue eyes except for Wario and Waluigi. Every single character has attached earlobes. The two trees are clearly not the same kind or in the same location. Luigi and Peach have no interest in each other and the picture at the end is probably a hint that Luigi X Rosalina is possible. The telescope is an illusion and not a real telescope. Also, you disproved your own theory.
"Rosalina was originally going to be related to princess Peach"
ORIGINALLY! THEY ARE NOT RELATED!
He bases his theory off the fact that they both have blue eyes and attached earlobes, and claims that the tree from the storybook (clearly a pine of some kind) is the same as the clearly-not-pine seen in the game's ending.
Peach and Rosalina WERE supposed to be related in the early version of the game but the idea has been dropped, this means they're not realted anymore so this deconfirm this theory.
I don't agree with a lot of mat pat theories but he is not THAT BAD lolol.
He used Modern Sonic's height to scale a Classic Sonic game.
Also, Sonic travels at 321 meters/second. When he side steps in the modern games, he maintains his speed, and also, why does he only go 321? He's so close to the sound barrier...
He doesn't want to. Sonic Booms (breaking the sound barrier) causes EXPLOSIONS. He doesn't want to destroy his home of Green Hill.
Now, you're thinking "He wants to destroy Eggman's bases! He doesn't break the barrier then! ". Wrong. Sonic is also considering his own safety. Have you not seen Scrap Brain Zone?!
Gnoggin debunked this. When Sonic runs up a chain of stories-tall links, he runs several hundred colossal links in about three seconds. There was no life around to harm by causing a sonic boom, and he jumps off a cliff onto it, giving you a clear view of his sonic boom hitting the water.
Imagine if Sonic the Hedgehog literally traveled at the speed of sound in the game as in, A sonic boom like what he wanted it to be. It would be game breaking and also worthless to play a stage because it will be completed in a matter of 5 seconds to 1 minute.
The main problem with this theory was that when calculating the speed of the two characters, Matpat didn't take into account the fact that World 1:1 is really flat where as Green Hill Zone is full of hills and loops. So Sonic had much further to travel than Mario did.
None of his evidences are true. sans doesn't always use his left. when he tried to prove that gaster is sans and papyrus he didn't solve the other contradictions like : who are the two gaster was speaking to? how they can be him if he was already shattered in time and space and one of his followers had a piece of him? is splitting into 2 skeletons called shattering? why did the guy who is alleged to be gaster disappear, does papyrus have also the power of transporting through time and space?
One of the worst and most annoying things he's done.
Wait... did he actually do this?!
No he said it as a joke
What was this guy thinking? Was he drunk? Or is he mental? I'm thinking both! I'm suprised YouTube didn't take his video down!
Holy Grail! What the hell was he thinking of? Rosalina?
Kind of a pervert
Oh my gosh, inappropriate things! I can't believe it! Inappropriate stuff is totally not all over the internet!
Come on, guys. Really? There's a reason it doesn't allow under-18s to watch it.
All they do is ruin Mario's reputation.
The reason I put this on the list is because I know what was MEANT to be the point. In the ending cutscene of super Mario galaxy (the first one) after Mario got knocked out, Rosalina tells Mario that when a star dies it scatters star dust and star bits everywhere and when it piles up enough, it will turn into a new galaxy. However, Matpat concludes that he when Rosalina says "but the cycle always differs slightly", which is what Rosalina MEANT to say, he thinks she means instead of "the new galaxies make new planets, new creatures, and new environments," he thinks she meant "the universe (or as he says the galaxy) resets every so often and has different things changed, created, or disappeared".
If you find out that what was meant to be the case was that no 2 galaxies are ever the exact same even if they have similarities between them, it basically debunks the ENTIRE theory (and yes I know that peach and Rosalina where going to be related but it was decided not to and I can ...more
This video has more errors about both games than there are stars in the universe.
When he made his channel he knew that it'd get popular and now that it is popular, he is able to get views with absolutely no effort. You can't just name a channel 'Game Theory' or 'The Game Theorists' without self-asserting that you are the be-all end-all and everything you state is fact. And saying 'That's just a theory' at the end is smug and inconsiderate. Other theorists do a better job.
The biggest mistake this whack job "theorist" has ever made.
Valve has confirmed that there were no female classed in production of tf2. There is even unused audio for meet the pyro that confirms it as male.
When I saw this video I started cringing and having flashbacks to the "Sans is Ness" episode at the same time. I mean, I like both Game Theory and Undertale, but this is just awful. To be honest, it's fans like these that give good franchises such bad reputations.
It is literally clickbait to any Undertale fan that exists in the realm of humanity.
Come on, a copy of a game isn't that bad.
It's more likely for Emma Watson to fall in love with me than the pope ever playing this game
He cherry-picks 'evidence' for his theory, even outright fabricating some of it (such as the fact that the Companion Cube screams when it's incinerated; it's a sound the radio makes that he's taken out of context), and jumps to conclusions based on little evidence that contradict established canon. The video just rubbed me the wrong way.
When getting Mario's measure from a Japanese comic, something that Matpat didn't take into consideration nor think of was that one the Japanese style like that most penises are that size. I've seen it a lot actually, even in old art at a recent Nude Renaissance exhibit at the Getty Museum. Because of this, the actual size cannot be determined from this comic, due to the specific style of it.
And to be fair, they probably did that because if they made it any bigger or what they'd possibly consider to be his canonical size was then it would be deemed as inappropriate. The size that it's at within the art is a little more palatable.
Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.
What MatPat said about Mario's weiner being 2.6 inches is based on a Mario comic that isn't considered canonical to the franchise. Also, he said Luigi's stick is half an inch larger due to that much being buried in the mons pubis, only to take it out in the final equation. He also assumed that Luigi's dick was flaccid for that image because he used statistics that more men are showers than growers. So if Luigi's schlong was 4.66 inches erect, then he'd have a bulge that is 4.2 inches on the low end, 3.15 inches on the high, if it was flaccid. This is not a serious mistake, but it is good to address.
Morph ball has many useful applications, it is not just something born out of coding issues.
For example, when a physical force hits a sphere it has to be dead on for it to do any real damage, if it is not then the force will bounce right off.
Morph ball also allows access to bombs and power bombs and traversing surfaces that a magnet can stick to.
Morph ball also allows more mobility, as shown when Samus dodges gandrayda's attack before the fight.
I hate how he tells us to curl up into a ball so that he can laugh at us!
I think Mario's height being 5 FT has changed. The original image that says he's 5'1 set Luigi up to Peach's height, and Peach is currently a little bit taller than Luigi. Not to mention things do change over time (like Mario no longer being a plumber). I believe Mario shrunk down in size and the humans are normal sized.
He measured the humans based on Mario's statue height despite what the interviews with Yoshiaki Koizumi said about using the humans to measure Mario.
So many factual errors
He didn't even seem to want to make this video based on his opening statements
No one should ever attack anyone else's opinions or actions, unless they harm someone