Top 10 Worst Fighting Games of All Time

The Top Ten
1 Shaq Fu

I have no idea how they did it, but somehow they took the already stupid idea of this game and made it even dumber. At best, this is just Street Fighter with a basketball player shoved into it. At worst, it's utterly baffling, with the choices they make in the story and character department, including giving the Rainbow of Doom a story in which it's a sugar-coated piece of graffiti that's then dumped in the garbage (yes, seriously). I'm pretty sure the facial expressions in this game are designed to be the most unsettling things ever. The characters have none of the charm or effort. There's a stupid boss. There's no logic to how the game's world works. I'm pretty sure I've gone insane from how bad this game was.

I hate games like this! If you lose all your health, you lose the game. Each player gets a chance to fight: one fights first, then the other fights. It's so damn hard!

A website was created to persuade people to find copies of this game just to destroy them. If that's not evidence of how bad this game is, then I don't know what is.

2 Survival Arts

I hate this game. It's the worst game I've ever played. What I hate most about this game is Mongo.

3 Kasumi Ninja

I don't think you could find something more dead on arrival than this. Several prominent gamers, including a few of my inspirations, have taken a swing at this one. I really wouldn't be adding much except beating a dead ninja (or Gyaku, as is the case), but it feels like it shouldn't exist.

The graphics are awful-looking, most of the special moves come out of nowhere and range from mediocre to horrendous. Most of the characters are either idiots or annoying. Look, even if you have the Jaguar, there are worse things you can expose it to. But whether you win or lose, at least it's something practical.

4 Fight for Life

This game spent forever in development and was supposed to be the game that would save what was left of the Atari Jaguar. Instead, it became the tired story of a bunch of idiots fighting in hell.

5 Tattoo Assassins

9,235,867,834,129 weird fatalities in one fighting game. Need we say more?

6 Time Killers
7 Shrek: Fairy Tale Freakdown

There's a reason fighting games were never meant to work on the Game Boy: there are barely enough moves, the graphics are horrible, and there is only one song for the entire game.

8 Shadow: War of Succession
9 Pit-Fighter

The Super Nintendo version is the worst port, with unforgiving difficulty, no way to recover health after each fight, and no continues.

10 ClayFighter 63 1/3
The Contenders
11 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Stupidest idea ever. It should go to hell.

12 Rise of the Robots
13 Way of the Warrior

Another crappy rip-off of Mortal Kombat.

Shaky Jake, Fox, High Abbot - these characters are horrible, and the game is too.

14 Capcom Fighting Evolution

80% of the roster is Street Fighter characters, and the other 20% are Darkstalkers and Red Earth characters. The tag-team mechanic is pointless and adds nothing to an already mediocre fighting game with horrible graphics and sound.

15 Fight Club
16 Doomsday Warrior
17 Strip Fighter 2
18 Kabuki Warriors
19 Samurai Shodown Sen
20 Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
21 ClayFighter
22 Mortal Kombat 3
23 SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
24 The Simpsons Wrestling

A wrestling simulator based on "The Simpsons"? Even if non-canon, and as a wrestling simulator loaded with funny characters, this could have been awesome! Unfortunately, it's just shameful - badly made as a wrestling simulator. But at least it's better than "Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know"!

Probably one of the worst Simpsons games.

25 Heavy Nova
8Load More
PSearch List