Top 10 Music Artists that Released Two or More Albums in One YearMetal_Treasure EPs count.
Some music artists are prolific - this doesn't always mean quality but some of the albums released in one year were incredible.
I admit it was difficult to find a balance between quality and quantity of the albums by the respective artists.
The Contenders: Page 2
3 albums - in just 5 months they released 3 albums, consisting of 49 tracks in 3 and a half hours.
Like Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Brian Jonestown Massacre somehow managed to release 3 albums in a single year, but BJM outdid CCR in two ways.
1) all three of BJM's 1996 albums are over an hour long, while CCR's didn't break 40 minutes.
2) while CCR released its first 1969 album in January, BJM didn't release its first 1996 album until May, which means that in just 5 months, the BJM released 3 albums with 49 tracks in 3 and a half hours. - Metal_Treasure
Two great albums in one year! - DaWyteNight
Both albums are considered one of the bands best album (With Overkill being often called their best which I agree with) - christangrant
Both are EPs. - Metal_Treasure
Belle & Sebastian's music isn't complex, but the sheer size of the band and the depth of the song arrangements suggest that each album should take at least a couple of weeks to finish. However, the band recorded its first two (and best) albums in just a matter of days in 1996, and released both of them between June and November of that year. - Metal_Treasure
Yeah, twice this band released two albums in the same year. There is actually a song on Red entitled Starless. One of their most acclaimed songs and one of my favourites. - IronSabbathPriest
Related ListsBest Music Artists and Bands that Have Released Three Albums or Less Top Ten Good Music Artists for 14-year-Olds Top 10 Debut Albums from Music Artists that Remained Their Best Album Top 10 Songs that Could Be on Albums by Other Music Artists Music Artists That Sold Over 300 Million Albums World Wide
1 year, 144 days old
2. Elvis Presley - Elvis Country (I'm 10, 000 Years Old), Love Letters from Elvis, Elvis Sings the Wonderful World of Christmas (1971)
3. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
2. Queen - Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
3. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Paranoid (1970)