Top 10 Darkest Nintendo and Sega Games
The Top Ten
A story full of death and tragedy from the get go
Okay so we have:
- lovable charcaters getting killed off within the first hour of the game.
- the theme of getting over tragedies and death of closed ones.
- a nazi-like pig themed army that literaly does something resembling the nazi salute.
- a darth vader like character that was sweet, kind and naive until he got brainwashed and mauled after a tragedy involving a loved one.
- enemies that are the result of biohazardous experiments leading to conjoined animals, similar to the atrocities in Auschwitz but not to such tragic results.
- Clever social commentary about urbanisation and technology vs. nature.
- A zombie like fat kid that is over 2000 years old and commits mass genocide under his ruling.
- A depressing soundtrack mixed with plenty of sad moments.
- Probably one of the most depressing endings in videogames ever.
- Adult language (bastard, ass, damn)
- Still E in Japan
Out of all Nintendo originals, this one takes top spot without a ...more
This game is mostly depressing, but yes it is very dark. The chimeras were creepy, the brainwashing was scary but the most dark thing about this game is Porky.
Agree with this 100% - shawnmccaul22
Easily the most disturbing game I have ever seen. Ever. - xandermartin98
Definitely the darkest Mario game, and is about as dark as Majora's Mask or Mother 3. All under a colorful, childish wrapping in true Nintendo fashion. Kinda like Kirby.
Children snapping necks, beloved protagonist dying and universal genocide, all in a mario themed bundle
Jeez, is this still MARIO?
Mimi's Transformation Scared Me When I First Played This Game When I Got It Around Mid May 2007
A very dark game
Of course it's dark, it's M-rated. It got swearing, violence, and more... - Delgia2k
2 words: bad future
WHAT? - spodermanfan1000
The Final Boss!
And it's all because of those Team Plasma hippies! - RiverClanRocks