Heaviest Metal Songs of the 70sMetal_Treasure Things change:
1) These songs don't sound heavy now but they were heavy in the 70s.
2) Some of these songs weren't considered metal (or related to metal) in the 70s but history proved it wrong.
3) Some other songs that aren't on this lists were considered metal (or related to metal) in the 70s but now we know they aren't metal songs.
Keep in mind that these bands are related to early metal but not all songs by them are metal.
The Top Ten
I think it's the heaviest because it's the most aggressive song of the 70s, one of fastest and one of the loudest. - Metal_Treasure
A pretty brutal song for 1978, particularly the riff. - Metal_Treasure
A 1976 metal masterpiece - fast, aggressive, technical and epic. Unlike most of the songs on this list, this song is 100% metal and has no poppy, bluesy and whatever parts different from metal. - Metal_Treasure
Yes, Queen had heavier songs in their earlier albums. Ogre Battle is also heavy. - zxm
A proto-thrash song. It has some very fast and aggressive parts, with thrashy aggressive vocals, but also some poppy sections.
Nobody considered it related to metal in the 70s because thrash didn't exist. - Metal_Treasure
Not very high on this list because it's very dark but not very heavy in the strict sense. - Metal_Treasure
Related ListsHeaviest Metal Songs of All Time Best Metal Songs of 70s Heaviest Metal Songs of the 80s Heaviest Metal Songs of the 90s Heaviest Metal Songs of the 2000s
List StatsUpdated 24 Aug 2017
119 days old
2. Dissident Aggressor - Judas Priest
3. A Light in the Black - Rainbow