Top 10 Reasons Why the Dutch-Belgian Border Near Baarle Is the Funniest International Border EverMetal_Treasure Nobody guards this border because there's no need. There aren't conflicts.
But the section of the border that goes through the town of Baarle is one of the most unusual borders in the world. The entire Belgian municipality Baarle-Hertog has very complicated borders with the Netherlands.
Baarle-Hertog is a Flemish municipality of Belgium where people speak Dutch and actually the population on the both sides of the border speak the same language. They also use the same currency - Euro.
It's the funniest border ever. Here's why:
The Top Ten
That sounds hilarious - PhoenixAura81
Just imagine, lol - awesomedp900
RE. SPECT. WALK. Are you talking to me? - lilrocketman
Are you talking about the lyrics to Pantera's Walk? Man, this list isn't about Pantera's lyrics. - Metal_Treasure
You see the border in the image - Dutch side (NL, left) and Belgian side (B, right).
It doesn't even look like a border. - Metal_Treasure
That was possible for the restaurants on the border. Two countries, two different laws. One restaurant.
The restaurants located entirely in the Dutch part just had to close earlier. - Metal_Treasure
LOL - PhoenixAura81
An exclave is a piece of land of a country located in another country in such a way that it's completely surrounded by the territory of another country. The only way to access the territory of an exclave is by crossing the territory of the surrounding country.
So there are 20 Belgian bits of land in the Netherlands, some of which have Dutch bits of land within the Belgian bits of land that are in the Netherlands! - Metal_Treasure
- Honey, where are you? You know I need your help in the kitchen.
- I'm in Belgium. - Metal_Treasure
This is the part where this list runs out of ideas. - DapperPickle
1) this item was the last item and not the start
2) a list that ran out of ideas at the start is your list Top Ten Reasons Why This Top Ten List is a Top Ten List and Could Never Be Anything but a Top Ten List.
It ran out of ideas even before the first item - look at the title. One of the dumbest and most pointless lists I've ever seen. - Metal_Treasure
I love this list - BlueTopazIceVanilla
Related ListsTop 10 Most Unusual International Borders Top 10 International Borders that Have Divided Communities Reasons I'm Retiring in the Near Summer of 2018 Best Belgian Football (Soccer) Players of 2018 Best Belgian Football Players
327 days old
2. Some houses are divided between the two countries and you actually cross the border a million times in your own home if you live there
3. At one time, Dutch restaurants had to close earlier but this simply meant that the customers had to move to a table on the Belgian side