Top Ten Anime That Funimation Should DubTGBBOD Funimation is my favorite dubbing company so far. And I have watched 2 anime dubs from them so far: Steins;Gate/Steins;Gate 0 and My Hero Academia. And they did take over One Piece after 4Kids screwed it up. Here are some ideas of anime they should also take over and dub as well.
The Top Ten
To be honest, TPCI's dubbing on main series needs to be putting on hold for awhile cause this is getting a bit overrated in the hearing. The TPCI dub is directed this series for over 21 years and the other directing companies (Cup of Tea Productions, PCB Productions, Viz, Funimation, etc.) haven't made a complete dubbing in the main series from voicing the protagonists or even the Pokémons. Pokémon is a prolific video game series by Nintendo and we still receive the same dubbing company from each seasons.
Funimation needs to license the rights on The Pokémon Company International so that we can finally have a listen to one of the best, versatile actors from various anime franchise from this anime. - yamionthetrap
The Sun and Moon needs a definite dub on the Funimation voice actors. Ash, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles Lusamine, Wicke, Jessie, James, Olivia, Gladion, Nurse Joy and others are excellent on the voices, but Meowth, Lillie, Professor Kukui, Acerola, Rotom-Dex or even Misty sounds flat and unnatural on their acting for various reasons:
- Lillie's voice is too mature for a 12-year old. It's making you a bit dirty and a bit grating to hear that voice. Laura Bailey or even Alexis Tipton are going to be good as the voice for Lillie since they have range for preteenager characters. (Snowy doesn't count, because Emily can manage to voice cuter Pokémons to her range, even if it's rough for her.)
- Meowth sounds too gangster in my taste.
- Professor Kukui is young sounding and felt a bit flat.
- Rotom-Dex is intolerable in this dub cause it sounds whiny and grating in his voice. Need to substitute it to Todd Haberkorn.
- Acerola sounds too adult in my look. Her voice isn't ...more - yamionthetrap
I highly want this to be dubbed. The DuArt dubbing is kind of a mixed bag on some of the voices, some of the acting on the characters felt too kid-friendly to me. Funimation VA's would kill the roles on the characters in some of the serious moments and dark scenes from this installment. It would be cool to see that, but the dubbing company have to acquire the right of Konami. - yamionthetrap
They should really improve the dub of Saban! - SachiyoHasegawa
Related ListsTop Ten Greatest Anime Series Licensed by Funimation Entertainment Best Anime Shows On the Funimation Channel Top 10 Anime Currently Distributed by Funimation Best Anime from Funimation's S.A.V.E. Line Top Ten Companies That Should Dub Anime Instead of 4kids
1 year, 64 days old
3. Beyblade Burst