Top 10 Toys Considered Choking HazardsSome toys, especially small ones, are considered choking hazard and many chi,Daren can’t distinguish them from food or candy.
Yet some toys were elastic and had strings capable of making someone strangle another or him/herself.
The Top Ten
Simple. DON'T LET KIDS UNDER 3 PLAY WITH THEM... Greg, you may be trying to ruin fun things just because you don't read the "(number)+" disclaimers. - Maddox121
Legos are for sure a choking hazard, I would not play lego on a floor with a baby or toddler is in the same house - trains45
Keep your Legos away from babies, this will save your child's life. - BorisRule
Yup, anything that can fit inside mouths away from anyone under age 3. - Gregory
Don't step on legos either, or you'll regret them, sorry if I made that pain joke up, but anyway you'll regret them if you're afraid of choking. - NateFam101
Little children swallow these things and suffocate and choke.
Simple as that. Little kids be careful and stay away from these attractive explosive toys.
I can't believe these still exist.! They've caused countless choking incidents and they're still on the shelves?.
Serious choking hazard. - NateFam108
They're scary yet dangerous. And people choke on them? Wow I'm rethinking balloons. - Steve105UniFan
These are such a serious choking hazard that they take the warnings extra seriously, and they’re not for children under 8 YEARS to play with or blow up. - CarlKate
I would make sure to pick up marbles from the floor if I dropped some on the floor - trains45
Marbles are small round objects and many children can’t distinguish small round colorful toys from candy, so they swallow them and choke.
Marbles are up here for that notoriety. - Gregory
Water beads were especially high as children thought they were candy and swallowed them, and since the human body’s mostly made up of water, the balls trapped inside the body expanded, leading to severe dehydration and significant injuries treated only by surgery.
Yet they weren't even detectable by X-rays.
Since they were so dangerous, they were recalled. - Gregory
Guh, Gregory, this one makes me feel sick! - BorisRule
These toys is really not for kids under 3 years old, since they could swallow the toy or the plastic thing the toy comes inside kinder surprise egg - trains45
They contained many little parts, leading to kids swallowing them, making it a choking hazard.
Yet 10 people died using them.
In the U.S. there were countless children choking on them.
But not only that.
There were drugs detected inside them
recently, which made matters worse, so than goodness these were recalled in the U.S.
However despite their dangers, they appear to be making a return. - Gregory
There were drugs, and children swallowing them became ill and drugs can be deadly as well. - Gregory
These toys are extremely dangerous for babies/little kids. - NickelodeonYesAddminNo
My 2-year-old cousin loves this... - Misfire
They’re small toys making them choking hazard. - Gregory
Stretchy toys like you'd find in ¢25 vending machines are usually small, meaning choking hazard, yet being stretchy, they’re a top example of toys used for strangulation.
Which was exactly what toys like yo-yo water balls were notorious for.
After all, 294 out of 409 people were reported for strangulation and the toys were recalled. - Gregory
These would be the worst when they can swallow the pieces and marbles - trains45
Magnetix were known for being choking hazard in the 1st place, but they were magnetic and when let go, they flung off like projectiles landing into people’s mouths and esophagus, causing them to choke and suffocate.
Yet worse was when they connected inside the body, more damage was made.
Yet 1 death along the way further proved the dangers of magnetix, so they were eventually recalled. - Gregory
This gun is long and slender, making it a severe choking hazard.
Last time I know toy guns or any kind of guns aren’t good anyway. - Gregory
The peaces when they break heard causes a choking hazard - trains45
Fidget Spinners may be notorious for distracting school students and some were recalled for containing dangerous levels of lead (the world’s 2nd most toxic household chemical) at 825x the AAP’s maximum safe level, but they’re also known to be a choking hazard, with many reports of children choking on them.
Yet the small circles can fall off and land on childrens’ mouths, posing a risk of choking of children.
Remember that children under 3 shouldn’t play with toys with a choking hazard warning. - Gregory
They used to be small enough to fit in your pockets, but now they’re bigger.
Though there are still small parts that can make children choke. - Gregory
Has a ton of small pieces that could be choking hazards
It fires mini rockets that have the potential to land in children’s mouths, making it a choking hazard. - Gregory
Bindeez, whether you call them beadies, aqua dots, or pixos, are small little balls, and small equals choking hazard.
Yet the aqua dot version had an ingredient that turned into gamma hydroxybutyrate (the date rape drug) when swallowed and metabolized, causing children to pass out and become ill. - Gregory
They contain small pieces, making them a choking hazard.
Plus these aren’t for children under 4, as they also pose an electric hazard. - Gregory
Kids under 3 swallow pretty much anything, so anyone that age with this would swallow it.
Yet since it’s small and not meant to be eaten, it qualifies as a choking hazard. - Gregory
The eggs would probably be a choking hazard when it hatching - trains45
They come with eggs then when cracked, become pieces that can be chewed and swallowed by little children, making them pose a choking hazard.
They warn customers of that. - Gregory
These are quite dangerous they probably might eat it thinking it's candy - trains45
Honestly, play-doh is really easy for little kids to mistake for food. What can I say? It has the color, texture, and even the smell of something that toddlers would like to put in their mouths. TOTAL CHOKING HAZARD!
Because they're made of plastic and little kids can bite on them before they fall into their esophagus, making them choking hazards. - Gregory
My cousins played with these as toddlers...
They were anywhere from small toys to large balloon toys, which all meant choking hazard.
Yet the balloon toys came with small white chips of plastic, which of course were a choking hazard.
Plus they let children buy them with uninflated balloons, which is a risk as children under 8 shouldn’t blow up balloons solo and Disney lets kids of all ages buy stuff. - Gregory
Super balls are small rubbery bouncy balls, which are all a recipe for a choking hazard.
Therefore they’re not suitable for children under 3.
Yet they’re often found in candy and vending machines, making them a likelihood of being swallowed by little children unwarned. - Gregory
Never eat colorful toys even if you think it’s candy. - JoshLover100
You can wrap it around your neck, making it a toy for strangulation.
A MAJOR choking hazard. - Gregory
They’re made of rubber and kids can bite pieces off and chew them, making them a total choking hazard. - Gregory
They contained plastic googly eyes that could fall off and land on childrens' mouths, making them a potential choking hazard.
They were pulled from the shelves of the World of Disney at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. - Gregory
Anyone under 3 eats everything, and slime is usually colorful and regardless of size, it can be broken apart by children and eaten.
Yet many brands contain excessive levels of boron, putting kids at risk of health problems. - Gregory
They didn’t contain spreader bars, so children suffocated and choked as they closed up. - Gregory
They contain toxic chemicals such as styrene and toluene, causing damage to the nervous system, kidneys, and liver, yet cause eye and respiratory irritation along with allergic reactions.
Making them a MAJOR choking hazard.
They were recalled in Denmark for those reasons, but unfortunately not the rest of the world. - Gregory
Just like slime, silly putty, and Play-Doh its colorful and little kids will try to eat it
These would be bad they could swallow the connectors, small wheels, and the rods - trains45
Kids could choke on the small pieces like the shoes